Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Has God Spoken - Yes He Has

I had the opportunity to review Has God Spoken by Hank Hanegraaf for Booksneeze. I did not realize that this was the third in a series. However, this book can stand on its own and one does not need to read the other two to grasp this one.

I must say that I approached this book with much anticipation. I very much feel sharpened by the tools that were provided by Mr. Hanegraaf in the book. His acronyms make it extremely easy to grasp and remember. The first acronym is MAPS – Manuscript evidence, Archaeologist’s spade, Prophetic STARS, and Scriptural LIGHTS. Each letter of the acronym has subacronyms to elaborate the support that the Bible is indeed divinely inspired. In reading this book, you will discover the evidence that God has left us from the Bible and real things such as artifacts to know that He has spoken.

I was intrigued by some of the examples that he gave to illustrate the importance of reading the Bible correctly. Some of these examples challenged me spiritually. I have to go back and restudy them again to see for myself if these common verses have indeed been misused or misinterpreted. I am disappointed, however, in the tone that some of his arguments take with certain high profile individuals. Overall, I would highly recommend this book to others. It would serve as a great tool to supplement your Bible reading. I can see it being useful also for discipling, apologetics, developing discernment, and outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment