Monday, December 6, 2010

William Buckley Biography

I am reviewing this for Booksneeze. I was initially excited to explore a biography. However, I found this book very difficult to read. Admittedly, my knowledge of history is not the best. This book seems like it would be more palatable for those who have strong historical/political knowledge. I was disappointed. Additionally, I did not glean from the text an appreciation for the influence of Mr. Buckley’s faith. I also could not appreciate the person of Bill Buckley. The content focused mostly on narration of events and less on the spiritual “why.” However, I did appreciate Mr. Buckley’s prediction of the degradation of society. I would not likely recommend this book except to those with familiarity of Mr. Buckley prior to reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment